From The Army Chaplains Museum, Ft. Jackson, SC

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First

First post. This 'blog' thing has piqued my interest so decided I'd start one of my own. Thoughts for today? Not much other than to tell kids don't forget that your parents worry about you even when you're 'grown up.'

Went for my usual coffee this morning and as I drove up I saw a familiar car...thought I was going to get to enjoy my daughter Tiffany's presence for a few minutes. And, if I was really lucky, my granddaughter Mabrie (a.k.a. Rosebud) would be with her. Well, as I wandered in I didn't see them anywhere. I went about my routine and after several minutes still hadn't seen anyone. So, being a 'dad' I called on the cell-phone (to both my daughter AND son-in-law). Did they answer? Of course not. So now my mind jumps to all the negative stuff...especially since nobody at the store remembers seeing anyone, can tell me when the car was left, etc. I call the learning center and verify that Rosebud is there, safe-n-sound. So, one relief. Then I drive home, get my son-in-law out of the shower and discover that my daughter left the car there and rode with a friend to her clinical session at the hospital today.

Thanks kids.

Other than that, not much else for now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this thing working??

Neville said...

Yep. Works fine. As a former Army guy I made sure to make it easy for you other service types!

Anonymous said...

What is a blog? It is nice to see a small piece of home when I am on the road so keep up the good work.
Jonathan

Neville said...

Sort of like a diary is the best way to describe it. I've seen them described that way as well as a daily pulpit; a collaborative space; a political soapboxl or a breaking-news outlet.